Replaces the OEM support base or table. Place the laser directly on top of the Basys for better ergonomics and space savings while extracting fumes for cleaner air. The Basys features 1-blower and high capacity 3 stage HEPA filtration for excellent performance. Great for small to mid-sized laser systems. Extracts, filters and recirculates clean air into the workspace.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
3 Stage Filtration: Rigid Separated Filters
Each individual filter has a specific function within Filtrabox’s 3 stages of filtration:
- F9 Pre-filter: The pre-filter removes the majority of the submicronic respirable dust, protecting the critical downstream HEPA filter from strain and premature clogging. The filter media is encased in a strong aluminum cartridge to resist contamination bypass. The high surface area mini-pleat filter media ensures high capacity and efficiency for smaller applications.
- HEPA filter: The HEPA filter is tested at 99.999% @ 0.3 microns. This means that it removes 99.999% of the most aerodynamically penetrating particles, known to be 0.3 microns, while smaller and larger particles are even more effectively captured, resulting in extremely clean air; free of respirable dust. Learn more. The filter media is encased in a rigid aluminum cartridge to resist contamination bypass. Learn more. The high surface area mini-pleat filter media ensures high capacity and efficiency for smaller applications.
- Gas Filter: The gas filter is filled with a blend of high-grade activated carbon and potassium permanganate, which removes the broadest spectrum of laser-generated VOC gases at the molecular level. 20 lbs of the adsorption media ensure high capacity and efficiency for smaller applications. Learn more about VOCs.
Why we use individually separated filters HEPA and gas filters vs. combined HEPA/Carbon filters:
Different materials produce different proportions of dust vs. VOC gases. For example, lasering acrylic produces 90% VOC gases and 10% dust. Conversely, lasering wood produces 10% gases and 90% dust. With individually separated filters, each filter can be replaced when it actually is spent which varies with each material lasered. In the case of lasering acrylic, the gas filter will need replacement sooner than the dust filter because of the high gas to dust ratio. This is not a problem when using separate filters. Each individual filter can be replaced as needed, which saves money and reduces landfills. In contrast, in a combined filter where the HEPA and Gas filters are inseparable, the barely used HEPA filter portion may have to be sacrificed because the gas portion is spent (or vice-versa). This is wasteful and less economic.
Why are Rigid Filter Cartridges so important?
Filtrabox systems use high-pressure vacuum blowers to suction the fumes out from the laser and into high-efficiency filters. As the filters load up with dust, the negative pressure within Filtrabox increases. The sheet-metal cabinet and seals are designed to resist deformation and air leaks under extreme pressure. Therefore, the filters must also be able to resist deformation to prevent dust and VOC leakage. All Filtrabox filter cartridges are built tough, using a thick aluminum box structure to resist flex so that the rubber seals can maintain contact with the sealing surfaces. Cardboard cased filters flex and crumple under a load of typical fume extractor pressures, leading to leakage of contaminants.
Intelligent Flow Regulator
Slim-line Design Explained
As filters become loaded with contaminants over time, they become more restrictive to airflow. The intelligent flow regulator proportionally increases power to the blowers to automatically overcome the restrictions and maintain consistent fume extraction. Just enter your flow setpoint and Filtrabox does the rest. Filtrabox will also let you know when to change filters.
Simple User Interface LEARN MORE
Simple User Interface.
The LCD and industrial keypad system offers simple, intuitive control. A fume extractor should simply keep the air clean and work when you want it to work.
Digital Blower w/ Hyper bearings (LEARN MORE)
Digital Blower w/ Hyper bearings.
All Filtrabox systems use digital blowers to create powerful, reliable suction. Traditional brushed blowers inevitably wear out, lose suction and need replacement. Filtrabox’s combination of digital contactless rotors and contaminant-resistant hyper bearings allows for extreme rotational speeds and maintenance-free operation for years; more suction power – no maintenance.
Modularity for serviceability (LEARN MORE)
Modularity for Serviceability.
Our fume extractors comprise of many complex electronics components and sensors to monitor and control their performance. However, we have simplified the Filtrabox by consolidating the components into two simple and removable modules:
- Electronics Module: This module includes all the blower control and power systems.
- Blower Module: This module includes the blower and flow sensor.
- User Interface Module: This module includes all the components related user interface.
In the event of a field issue, our tech support need only focus on diagnosing three modules to quickly dispatch the appropriate module to you for immediate replacement. The modules are simple to replace with only a few plug-and-play wire harnesses – no tech experience required.